Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hemant 9 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 29, 2009 @ 13:42
    Hemant

How to add Menus and submenus. [Solved]

I am a newbie in Umbraco.
    I have installed Runway and the Runway gallery.
    I want to add a similar menu structure as in Runway dropdown navigation.

What is needed so that my pages appear under a menu?

• Hemant 9 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 29, 2009 @ 15:54
    Hemant

I have solved the issue.
    Added a umbracoNaviHide property to the Document type.

• kalor 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 12, 2011 @ 11:59
    kalor

What does that mean? I can't find an umbracoNaviHide property.

So far the menu stuff is easily the weakest point of Umbraco. All the posts imply you have to get your hands dirty with XSLT but don't say where or how. I can find an XSLT file but don't know where to add a new submenu item. argh!

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 12, 2011 @ 15:37
    Kim Andersen

Hi Kalor

You might want to check out the default XSLT templates that comes with Umbraco. Try going to the Developer section and right click the XSLT-folder to create a new one. Now you have to give the XSLT-file a name, and then you can choose to use one of the XSLT templates from the drop down menu. If you want to create a top menu in example, you could try out the "List SubPages by Level" (okay, I can't remember the excact name, but it's something lika that :) ). Now you have a new XSLT file generating a top menu, that you can use where ever you like.

But it's sounds like you have got much experience with Umbraco, so I'll suggest that you take a look at one of the default foundation sites when installing Umbraco. Try checking out the simple site (Runway) or example. this might give you a good idea on how to work with the most basic stuff.

/Kim A

• kalor 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 13, 2011 @ 05:48
    kalor

Thanks guys. I already have a top level menu happening but want to add submenus, menus that aren't linked to a page on my site, and other non-default stuff. I'm just not sure where the macro gets the list of screens from and how to add to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft